Vodice is a tourist destination located by the sea in a wide bay area, known for its liveliness and a rich tourist offer. Vodice is proud of its antiquity and tradition. Visit the numerous cultural monuments, which tell the story of the Vodice past, some of them being the church of Our Lady of Carmel (Okit hill), Čorić Tower, the church of St. Cross, the parish church of St. Cross including the bell tower and the church of the St. Ilia the prophet. Vodice are ideal for a vacation rich with activity, they are a recipient of "The flower of tourism" awarded to destinations with especially attractive tourism offer. Located in the center of Vodice is a large marina with more than 400 berths, which is a recipient of the "Blue flag“ awarded for its infrastructure and supporting facilities.
During the day you can go for a swim and sunbathe on the beautiful beaches, of which the most famous are: pebble and concrete Hangar and sandy "Plava plaža" which is particularly attractive to children. If you love sports you can enjoy various activities such as volleyball, soccer, basketball, cycling, diving, fitness in the sea, you can rent canoes or power boat. For those who wish to explore the surroundings and the natural beauty of Vodice, a variety of day trips are offered. Visit the National Park Krka, Kornati National Park, Falconry Centre, Vransko Lake Nature Park, Skradin, Šibenik, island Prvić and numerous archaeological sites. In the evening, enjoy a walk along the coast, taste the specialties of this region at one of the many restaurants (fish prepared in all various ways, fritters, kroštule, wine ....), or embark on an old sailing ship that will take you for a night tour of the archipelago.
Did you know? - Vodice was inhabited back in Roman times when it was called Araus or Arausa Antonina. Today, the city and its surroundings are rich in water and hence the name - Vodice.
Gastronomy - visit the tavern Šimun.
Be sure to visit
- Čorić tower - built by the Fondra family from Šibenik in 1646. g. The living spaces and defense facilities were fortified by high defense walls since the tower was built during tumultuous times. The stone with which it was built was brought from island Brač. Today, the courtyard of Čorić tower is used as an open-air movie theater during summertime, however the tower is closed to visitors due to its poor condition.
- Church of St. Cross - Gothic church built in the early 15th century, more precisely in 1402. In 1421 it was dedicated to St. Cross at which time it was also a parish church. It is famous for one precious detail, an old Romanesque-Gothic bowl attached to one of the columns, which is the only one of its kind in this part of Dalmatia. During summer the church houses modern art exhibits.
- The parish church of St. Cross with a belfry – this church was built on the foundations of an old chapel in baroque style, the work of a Šibenik master Ivan Skok. The walls are decorated with windows from the same period and the interior enriched with a Baroque altar dedicated to St. Cross. The belfry is the work of a master from Dubrovnik called Vicko Macanović and was built over a 20 year span. The bell tower has two balconies (loggia) with two large windows on the lower one and three small windows on each side on the top one.
- Church of St. Elijah the Prophet - this church was built in 1298 by the inhabitants of Pišće. Only in 1493 was it dedicated to St.Elijah the Prophet. A wall surrounds the church and it is assumed that a cemetery existed next to it. Today, a mass is held only once a year and only on August 20th.
- Historical - Cycling Race Prižba - Hello Spring - held at the end of March, winding through the hinterland of Vodice.
- Easter Regatta - held in mid-April, before Easter and is very popular among yacht owners.
- Easter breakfast – held the day after Easter featuring a special program with famous Vodice žudijas (Roman soldiers dressed in authentic clothing) and traditional food and folklore from Vodice.
- Moto meetings - early June - this is a weekend of games, concerts and guitar. An evening for all motorbike lovers.
- CMC festival – every year the Croatian Music Channel organizes a music festival with many stars of the Croatian music scene. It takes place in mid-June.
- Vodička feast - a traditional folk festival which takes place on August 4th and is one of the most popular events in Dalmatia. Even after decades of existence, this popular festival always manages to offer something new. It is hard to beat the nightlife in Vodice during the summer months, but the Vodiška festivities manages to do so year after year. During the festivities music can be heard from all the squares and the waterfront, songs are heard in every cafe while a midnight firework illuminates the city and fills the night sky. This party can hardly be compared to anything, you have to come an see for yourself and witness this crazy and memorable evening where the fun lasts until the early morning hours.